Kingdom business in the transport market place.
Integrity – Eagle
We do the right thing even when no is watching
Humility – Lion
We recognise that ideas can come from other people
Precision – Bee’s
Quality, accuracy and truthfulness is a traceable reference of our standards
Accountability – Elephant
We accept the consequences for our own actions
Stewardship – Ants
There is significance in everything we do
Is to accurately and truthfully add value to our customer’s daily operations. To conduct our business incident free with integrity and humility, whilst reducing our environmental footprint. To be good stewards with what has been entrusted to us.
Founded in 2005 by Mr Hennie Engelbrecht, the business started up by transporting maize and wheat from the farmers in the Freestate to the millers in Gauteng.
In 2010 the company diversified into the petro chemical industry when fuel tankers was bought to transport fuel from the refineries to agricultural customers in the Free State and Limpopo.
In 2015 Kopano, (the word meaning ;‘‘to come / to work together‘‘) sold 51% of its shareholding to a black owned company to remain compliant for their customers.
To promote employee ownership, the board of directors is made up out of operational and HS&E employees with more than 4 years service with the company.
- To date the company owns 66 vehicles, and has in excess of 580 tyres on the road daily.
- Kopano has established itself as specialized transporter of hazardous goods.
- Equipment utilised is flatbeds, tautliners and tankers.
- Main routes include Natal, Gauteng, Free State, Mpumalanga and Limpopo.
- The Head office is based in Gauteng with Satellite branches in Durban and Cape Town.
- Existing cross boarder routes include Namibia, Botswana, and Mozambique.